Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sorry kids, but I have a lot to get off of my chest and just working is making me feel better already.
I was deeply grieved by the execution of Stanley "Tookie" Williams earlier this month and in attempting to sort through my own emotions I have been encouraged by the refusal to let Tookie's voice die. Numerous groups are working to disseminate his work and message to a larger audience and continue to advocate for the complete abolition of the death penalty, a fundamentally racist and flawed punitive practice. We have suffered a major setback with the assassination of this incredible activist but there is a new struggle to begin.
I encourage everyone to not give up the fight on this great loss and work to keep his legacy and political thought alive. Keep up on the latest actions and events at http://www.savetookie.org/.
The Terminator may have taken Tookie from us, but nothing can silence his truly revolutionary spirit which continues to live in the hearts of those who believe in freedom.
peace,
c

No comments: